Sunday, March 23, 2008

Pastel Dream


In a slump a bit but thanks to Terry Ludwig and his luscious pastels, I broke my slump!

The crystal shot glass was part of a set I gave my husband for our last Christmas together before he passed away. Terry Ludwig had this great ad in the last issue of the pastel journal. Two massive hands full of his pastels with text something like "you know you want some". My thought (of course) was where's the chocolate! I love his pastels, buttery, smooth, I can even paint on suede board with them! But I'm to the point I'm buying more storage for his pastels - I need to paint! So this was in response to his ad! My pastel dream! Unfortunately I am not a photographer but I think you can see my heart was in this one. My first attempt at glass, my first still life. It was fun stretching to see what I could do.

Happy Easter!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger CAROL cmcpaints@aol.com said...

I love this painting. You did a wonderful job with the glass and the pastels. Keep up the great work.

4:32 AM  
Blogger TJ said...

Thank you for your comment, Carol, I am hoping to start another still life soon. A new challenge!

7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home