Thursday, July 07, 2011

Mississippi River at Sunset - Louisiana, Missouri



Being the river rat I am, I found an overlook park in Louisiana, Missouri. It seems I now plan trips to see my son around getting to Louisiana at sunset! I am going to start painting river scenes and sunset or sunrise until I reach a comfort zone. I just love being around water. Unfortunately, the Missouri is in flood stage locally so I will be painting more tugs pushing barges, etc.






Hope you enjoy. I had a great time with this. Probably won't do any more - just on to the next "experiment".






pastel, about 9 x 12, canson paper

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Virginia said...

That looks so good, I love the bright colors.

1:45 PM  
Blogger Susi said...

It's lovely and serene.

1:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home